We all love dewy, glowing skin and what better way to achieve that than with the help of a highlighter! Here are my three highlighter picks to best suit every budget.
PRICE : £5
WHAT: – golden highlighter with a pink undertone
– very fine shimmer, no glitter particles
– blends very well
– lasts all day
VERDICT: This is a great product considering the price! You get a lot of budget highlighters that are either too glittery or don’t really have much of an effect, however the Vivo’s is just right.
BENEFIT GIRL MEETS PEARL
WHERE: www.benefitcosmetics.co.uk, Boots, Department Stores
WHAT: – a golden pink highlighter
– easy to apply and blend
– comes in a wind up tube so you can adjust how much product comes out
– lightweight with a subtle finish
VERDICT: This is a staple in my kit and it gives a great golden, glowing finish. I’d recommend this over the Moon Beam or High Beam as for me it’s the better highlighter.
BECCA SHIMMERING SKIN PERFECTOR – PEARL
WHAT: – a pearl coloured, liquid highlighter with SPF 20+
– blends amazingly well
– as well as being a great highlighter, it contains vitamins A, B, D & E to aid in tissue repair, increase collagen renewal & moisture holding capacity.
VERDICT: This product is the priciest but it is one of my favourites as it is so easy to apply and blend and gives a very expensive luxe finish to the skin. Also, for those of you who think it’s too pale for you, it comes in a bronze as well called “Topaz” which is just as gorgeous.
- If using the product just as a highlighter, apply it where the light would naturally hit your face – cheekbones, the brow bone, down the centre of the nose, cupid’s bow of the lips.
- If using it more to illuminate your skin in general, then why not mix some in with your foundation to give an overall glow?
- Remember less is more – you don’t want to end up looking too shiny or sweaty!