So…although there’s a lot of “Spring is here!” being bandied about, it is still cold. In the UK. I’m still in Mumbai, where it’s sweltering, sorry. Anyways, I digress. Winter. Cold. You need to look after your skin. So here are a few tips to help!
* As clichéd as it is, the two best things for your skin are plenty of water and sleep! It makes such a difference.
* your diet also makes a big difference and if you’re not getting the right nutrients it can show on your skin. I’ve been taking the Seven Seas Perfect7 Woman – it includes 1 capsule of Natural Source Marine Oil with Omega-3 and 1 tablet of essential multivitamins & minerals. So it does all the hard work for you and squashes everything into 2 instead of 20 tablets/capsules! A life saver for travelling as I’ve brought them with me to Mumbai.
* A water/hydrating spray can help too, especially with central heating etc – a quick spritz gives added hydration throughout the day and has the bonus of refreshing make-up. I love Avene’s Eau Thermale water spray.
* Dr Organic’s Snail Gel is a great product to apply before moisturising – it tightens and firms the skin, one of my favourite anti-ageing products that is super light in texture and smells like lemons! Skin feels so smooth after using this.
* Time Bomb’s Complexion Cocktails are a set of waters which you apply before moisturising to boost the skin and there are three available – one for dehydrated skin, one for tired skin and one for stressed skin. These work wonders and really brighten & plump the skin. My sister cannot live without hers!
* Elemis Pro-Radiance Illuminating Flash Balm – this can be worn alone or under make-up, with or without moisturiser and it just gives skin a glow/radiance which can sometimes be lacking in the winter months.
* It’s important to not forget about your skin at night. You should be remembering to cleanse off all make-up and then depending on your skin pick a night regime to suit you. Not everyone needs a heavy night cream, look at your skin and give it what it needs. A product that works on any skin is Alpha H’s Liquid Gold – apply every other night on it’s own and wake up with bright, plump skin. On night’s where I don’t use this I like to use an oil – at the moment I’m favouring Zelens Z-22 Absolute Face Oil. It’s not too heavy and really soaks in, leaving skin extremely smooth the next morning.
* Lips + cold weather = disaster, for me. If you can’t handle lipstick or anything too drying due to constant chapped lips, Burt’s Bees have some great tinted lip balms as an alternative (Sweet Violet is a personal fave of mine)! At night, keep a little tub of Carmex lip balm on your nightstand and apply just before bed for smooth lips the next morning.
What are your winter skin saviours? x